Haute Couture Flowers
During this online course you will learn how to make different types of silk flowers for haute couture. Not only do you learn the basics of making flowers manually from silk fabrics, but also other ways to add flowers to clothing and accessories.
You become acquainted with various techniques, such as:
- whether or not to enforce the basic material
- forming leaves with irons and other tools
- making stamens
- creating both delicate and robust flowers
- manually forming flowers
- fabric processing
- decorate flowers with beads and sequins
Of course we also provide you with all sorts of ideas for applying the techniques. In addition to special (evening) wear you can think of various accessories.
We have compiled an all-round program in which you orientate yourself broadly on the theme of flowers. You can implement various techniques, depending on your work pace. In any case, you will receive a clear description of these techniques so that you can continue experimenting with them at home.
No prior education needed.
This course is an extended version with more techniques of the course Silk Flower Making, which can be followed as a group workshop at Dutch Couture Academy. The techniques are not discussed in other embroidery courses and are therefore a nice addition for those who embroider and sew.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for both
- beginners: you learn step-by-step a number of techniques to make flowers from silk, for which no specific prior knowledge is required
- seasoned creatives: expand your possibilities with new techniques and applications
- and those, who focus specifically on the couture customer: refine your skills and expand your possibilities and technical insight.
We treat five different techniques, each with its own unique appearance and application. Of course we treat the technique of forming flowers with ball irons: the most famous technique for making flowers for hats, as corsage (think of the camellia from CHANEL). Among other things, we will show you how you can imitate this technique with relatively simple means (useful if you cannot get ball irons during this stay home time because of corona!). But we go further than just these flowers: we also treat other flowers and materials, giving you an infinite amount of possibilities.
Each technique is approached in the following way:
- First of all we give you a material list, with requirements per technique and any variations or simplifications
- Step-by-step work descriptions
- Photos and sometimes a video, to clarify the technique.
The above is the basis. Of course, we also give you ideas for each technique on how to apply it.
But we especially like to challenge you. That is why we have added ideas for the enthusiasts in-depth.
You get 3 months access to the lesson material.
Deepening of knowledge
For those who want to go a step further, we give two extra options with each technique:
- Under the heading: Get Creative, we invite you to let your imagination go and to explore new paths with technology.
- Under the heading: Next Level, we add an assignment or pattern at the end of each technique, with which you can take the conscious technique to a higher level – this is for the real ‘die-hards’ among you-
The course provides:
- all knowledge that is normally given during the one-day workshop making silk flowers (125 euros pp)
Plus as BONUS:
- extensive materials list with addresses where you can buy these materials
- a simple solution for those who cannot get their hands on ball irons now
- four other ways to make flowers with an application in fashion with simple means
- extra ideas to creatively and playfully walk a new path that suits you
- extra challenge for those who want to realise big dreams
- an opportunity to obtain a certificate