Are you interested in shaping your own fashion patterns in a simple way? Then discover the power of draping, the foundation of creative design!
Our “Creative Moulage” course provides you with practical skills to bring new ideas to life from draping on a mannequin. You will learn not only how to capture these concepts, but also how to turn them into paper patterns, taking into account all essential aspects.
What will you learn:
- Forming a moulage base bodice block.
- Creating an arm for moulage
- How to drape a sleeve.
- How to design an collar.
- How to drape a skirt.
- Understanding pleats and darts.
- The art of closures.
- Working out patterns.
- Bringing your own design to life from A to Z (with homework assignments).
Our approach is inspiring and activating. With a solid understanding of the basics of moulage/draping, we emphasize the “why” behind everything. After this course, you will be confident and ready to work independently on your own designs.
- Mannequin (limited availability for those coming by train).
- Sewing machine (limited availability for those coming by train).
- Fabric scissors.
- Small scissors.
- Ecru colored sewing thread and sewing needles (also several for your machine).
- Unbleached cotton (10 yards).
- A LOT OF pins!
- Painters tape (19/20 mm).
- Paper scissors.
- Transparent ruler (50 cm).
- French curve.
- Any pattern weight(s).
- Red and black fineliner/thin permanent marker.
- Blue ballpoint pen.
- For the moulage arm: piece of cardboard (beer mat) and filling material.
- Optional: beautiful fabric and haberdashery for finalizing your own design.
Build your own Collection:
Sign up today and discover how to bring creativity to life.
Dates: 26 en 27 October, 16, 17 en 18 November 2023 from 9:30-16:30 am.
Provide your own lunch; we provide coffee, tea and sweets
Investment: 4 times a payment of €195,- per month
If you pay in 1 time before October 1, 2023, you will receive €100,- discount and pay only €650,-.
Did you know we have a lovely B&B above the atelier? For availability you may contact Saskia through firstname.lastname@example.org
Cursisten Dutch Couture Academy aan het werk met moulage