In this course, working with beads and sequins is central. You’ll get whole new view of embroidery, where you’ll not only work with needle and thread, but get acquainted with techniques that give your embroidery a 3 D effect.
The techniques you learn in this course are used by the ateliers of Paris that work for haute couture houses, such as CHANEL and DIOR.
You will get acquainted with working on a large embroidery frame. Techniques will incorporate needle and thread with techniques with the tambour hook or Lunéville needle. We start to work with different embroidery materials, such as beads, sequins, chenille, raffia, metallic yarns and silk embroidery thread.
During this online course you will learn and do the following techniques:
- mounting the embroidery frame
- transfer pattern to the fabric
- chain stitch with the tambour or Lunéville needle
- apply beads with beading needle
- apply beads with tambour or Lunéville needle
- apply sequins with beaded needle
- apply sequins with Lunéville needle
- apply Swarovski sew on stones
- working on a large embroidery frame
- application of chenille yarn (and discovering why one yarn is not the other)
- using plastic raffia
- apply the pulling stitch (point-tiré) with the tambour- or Lunéville needle
- different applications of the point-tiré
- researching balance in a design
- sourcing materials