Course Broderie d’Art | Tambour Embroidery
In this course, working with beads and sequins is central. You’ll get whole new view of embroidery, where you’ll not only work with needle and thread, but get acquainted with techniques that give your embroidery a 3 D effect.
The techniques you learn in this course are used by the ateliers of Paris that work for haute couture houses, such as CHANEL and DIOR.
You will get acquainted with working on a large embroidery frame. Techniques will incorporate needle and thread with techniques with the tambour hook or Lunéville needle. We start to work with different embroidery materials, such as beads, sequins, chenille, raffia, metallic yarns and silk embroidery thread.
Content of the course
During this four-day course you will learn and do the following techniques:
- mounting the embroidery frame
- transferring pattern to the fabric
- applying the chain stitch with the tambour or Lunéville needle
- applying beads with beading needle
- applying beads with tambour- or Lunéville needle
- applying sequins with beaded needle
- applying sequins with Lunéville needle
- applying Swarovski sew-on stones
- working on a large embroidery frame
- watch the different ways to apply haute couture embroidery
- discover the library with books on haute couture (embroidery)
- comparing different designs and their possibilities
- applying chenille yarn (and discovering between silk and polyester yarn)
- applying plastic raffia
- using the pulled stitch (point-tiré) with the tambour- or Lunéville needle in different ways
- finding balance in a design
In a relaxed environment you learn new techniques and you meet like-minded people. During lunch there is plenty of opportunity to get to know each other and to exchange experiences in the creative field.
With the knowledge of this course you have a solid foundation for further development in the direction of haute couture embroidery.
Dates: 15, 16, 22 and 23rd of October 2020.
Time: 9.00 -16.00 hrs
Location: Atelier Gasthuisstraat 16, 6981 CS Doesburg, The Netherlands
Because we value building a network among like-minded people, we ensure a delicious lunch. During the lunch break there is ample opportunity to exchange ideas with each other about everything that concerns you on a creative level. The course fee therefore includes:
- materials course
- coffee and tea
- a fully catered lunch.
What else do you need
To take this course you will need: Basic Toolset Embroidery materials (large embroidery frame, twill tapes, bobbin holder and tambour- or Lunéville- needle). You may purchase this package only one time and you can continue to use it for years. Order it by sending a message to Saskia: email@example.com. You will receive and pay the package at the first lesson.
For whom is this course
The Course Broderie d’Art | Haute Couture Embroidery | Tambour Embroidery is open to anyone interested in haute couture embroidery and especially for fashion professionals who want to specialise in a traditional craft for haute couture. It forms a solid basis for further specialisation.
Note: it is important that you can see clearly. The use of a loupe on your glasses can be a solution for some. A daylight lamp is helpful as well. If you have any questions about this, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is a preparation for the new Mastering Broderie d’Art 1 and 2 courses, which will be given in the autumn / winter of 2019, whereby the craftsmanship can be further developed.