Learn how to profile yourself in your craft with new embroidery techniques. Without unnecessary fuss, but with technical tips, smart tricks, the secrets of haute couture and lots of practical examples.
Do you recognize yourself?
- in the hesitation of knowing where to start if you want to specialise?
- in the question of whether a technique is exactly what you are looking for?
- in the desire to discover new things, but not knowing where to start?
Yet it tickled and I knew: it must work somehow! If only I would at least try it.
The first time I was working with silk ribbon embroidery, I found it exciting. Most of the examples looked downright fussy. Would this technique help me? But while the result manifested itself spectacularly, in the course of time even more possibilities emerged! The technique of silk ribbon embroidery appears to offer an enormous amount of perspective. The technology remains ‘in stock’ in my virtual ‘toolbox’ and comes in handy again and again.
If you keep filling your toolbox with knowledge and skills, they will automatically start communicating with each other and working together, resulting in your own, unique work!
In this short course I want to introduce you to the basic techniques of silk ribbon embroidery. Step by step I will show you the properties of the material and how you can achieve the best result using it. I would like to show you how I not only apply this technique in a traditional way, but also how it can help you to create unique additions within haute couture.
So that you develop your own handwriting.
Your own style. Your own techniques. Your own delight in making beautiful things. I help you in the course by giving you design ideas, technical tips and … I tell you my secrets about color and application.
So that you will definitely feel secure in using needle and thread, and you will share the world in the beauty that you thereby express.
The course is made for everyone who occasionally thinks: silk ribbon embroidery? I would like that too!
What can you expect when you register?
- In several modules I cover everything that you need to know when starting silk ribbon embroidery: from attaching and detaching the ribbon, to making various stitches
- I share my own insights and ways to apply and combine the techniques. Not because I want to tell you how it should be done: but because it can bring you new ideas. That is the valuable input
- I will tell you how to deal with uncertainty, such as: “Am I doing it professionally enough?”
- I encourage you to develop a personal embroidery style for yourself. How can you stand out, stay authentic and still be interesting?
Topics of this course
- Preparation and choice of materials, plus patterns for making samples
- Making samples and discussing specific techniques
- Variations and combinations on the basic techniques
- Transferring the pattern, design tips and step-by-step order of work
- Tips about the finishing of your embroidery and your end result with a link to the pattern for making a make-up bag or a wreath
To become familiar with the technique, the online course will cover the basics of the silk ribbon embroidery. This allows you to make samples that you can save separately in your portfolio.
There is a detailed description of a wreath or a make-up bag wallet. The learned techniques are used herein.
To familiarize yourself with the technique, the online course will cover the basic principles of silk ribbon embroidery. You will make samples to keep apart for later reference.
There is a detailed description of a cover for a square tissue box or a make-up bag wallet. The learned techniques are used herein. The materials for these projects are separately available in the webshop.
What to expect from this course?
- how to use silk ribbon
- how to start and finish silk ribbon
- how to make a stem stitch
- how to make a french button with yarn
- how to make a french button with silk ribbon
- how to make a wrinkled French button with silk ribbon
- practical workflow
- fly stitch
- ribbon stitch
- extended ribbon stitch
- twisted ribbon stitch
- flower buds
- transferring a pattern to fabric
This technique works best by working on an embroidery frame. You can also use a round hoop.
Online Course Silk Ribbon Embroidery
This technique works best when working on an embroidery frame. Of course you can also use a round embroidery hoop.
Online Course Silk Ribbon
For whom is this course?
Silk ribbon embroidery can be used as a stand-alone technique, but also offers many additional possibilities for broderie d’art. I wholeheartedly recommend this course to anyone engaged in couture. This is also a valuable addition to the well-known techniques for quilters.
The tuition fee for this course had been kept low (37 euro), to give you the chance to get access to this course easily for three months: