Online Course Moulage
During this online course moulage you will be introduced to the basic principles of moulage by means of draping a corset.
Moulage involves developing a pattern for clothing in a three-dimensional and intuitive way. To achieve a design, this involves draping fabric around a body or mannequin. You can then translate the fabric pieces into a paper pattern.
Dates course: July 9 and 10 or after that at your own convenience. Course remains available until September 1st. You may follow this short course in your own time and ask questions in the private Facebook group for students only.
This method is widely used in haute couture, and by fashion designers in general. Why? The fall of the fabric on the mannequin gives rise to spontaneous designs that you could not have imagined beforehand. And when working for individual clients, you can make well-fitting patterns this way, even for figures that are not the same on the left and right.
Corset: basic couture dress
During this online course moulage you will drape a corset. It gives you the opportunity to get to know all the facets of draping and can also be the start of a couture creation.
Materials for Online Course Moulage
You will need the following materials for this course:
- firm, unbleached cotton
- fabric scissors and paper scissors
- many pins
- pen and paper for notes
- long ruler and a ‘french curve’ (curved ruler)
- pattern paper
- black and red fine-liner/ marker
This online moulage course is for anyone who recognises himself in one (or more) of the following sentences:
- I can’t draw patterns and still want to be able to carry out designs quickly
- I am looking for a creative outlet! I love fabric and clothing
- I can draw patterns but I miss a distinct identity in my designs
- I can draw patterns but would like to achieve a better fit
- I am stuck in standard solutions for processing the coupe and want to be freer in my designs
Apply now and join us in this great adventure!