The Online Basic Course Tambour Embroidery provides a comprehensive and complete online learning system for tambour embroidery and Broderie d’Art.
Would you like to know how to work with the tambour needle, how to work on a large embroidery frame and create some sparkling glamour to your embroidery? Then this course might be just for you!
This course will show you how to:
- Mount the embroidery frame
- Handle the tambour hook
- Fill more major surfaces with embroidery thread
- Work beads with the tambour hook
- Work sequins with the tambour hook
- Apply Swarovski stones
- Finish the embroidery
For whom might the techniques of Haute Couture embroidery be of interest?
- Fashion or Textile students. The courses in Broderie d’Art already have been excepted as a specialisation at The Hague Fashion School.
- Teachers in fashion design (embroidery as a craftsmanship for couture/theatre/movie costumes)
- Students Mode en Maatkleding (specialise for couture/show/films costumes)
- Fashion Designers
- Artists (in combination with textile, photography, painting)
- Bag designers
- Jewelry designers
- Sewing professionals
- Those who love craftsmanship
- Everyone who would like to specialise in the field of textile.
All the basic techniques for Broderie d’Art are brought together in this Basic Course Tambour Embroidery. After finishing the Basic Course Tambour Embroidery, you’ll have all the knowledge to start and finish your first projects. The Advanced Course helps you to discover more delicate techniques and materials to enrich your embroidery, like raffia and how to work with metallic yarns. This course will soon be available online as well.
Do you love special techniques and crafts? Would you like to enhance your technical knowledge and skills?
Please order as well
- Basic Embroidery Toolset with an embroidery frame, a tambour needle/hook, a bobbin holder and twill tapes.
- Materials for the assignments of this course.
We will send all the materials needed to complete the course (like fabric, beads and sequins) as soon as possible.
You may follow the online-and-offline course as you like. So you may start with an online course and continue with an offline course and vice versa. We can help you find appropriate accommodation if you would like to stay a while in Doesburg.
Testimonial from someone who followed an online course:
The online course is just perfect for me. I like to watch the video material again and again. Together with the written lessons I can understand every step. I really appreciate being able to work in my own pace. Now the embroidery is finished and I plan to make the brooch next week. As you can see the first project isn’t perfect. It was quite a challenge to embroider the sequins in between the silk embroidery. When the brooch is finished I will finish the last module. And then ….? Apply for the next course! Ellen