For many years now we have been teaching the one-day workshop ‘making silk flowers’ with great delight at the Dutch Couture Academy. This workshop is a favourite with many students because you will learn what it takes to make beautiful silk corsages, flowers for hats and flowers that can be used in embroidery. In short: a classic among the workshops!
How to make Flowers for Fashion
Flowers are a permanent part of fashion. Not only as a print for fabrics, but also as decoration for shows and as a color boost for entire collections.
If you are looking for new ways to add flowers to your clothes or accessories, the How to make Flowers for Fashion course offers you five new possibilities for making 3D flowers.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for both
- beginners: you learn step-by-step a number of techniques to make flowers from silk, for which no specific prior knowledge is required
- seasoned creatives: expand your possibilities with new techniques and applications
- and those, who focus specifically on the couture customer: refine your skills and expand your possibilities and technical insight.
We treat five different techniques, each with its own unique appearance and application. Of course we treat the technique of forming flowers with ball irons: the most famous technique for making flowers for hats, as corsage (think of the camellia from CHANEL). Among other things, we will show you how you can imitate this technique with relatively simple means (useful if you cannot get ball irons during this stay home time because of corona!). But we go further than just these flowers: we also treat other flowers and materials, giving you an infinite amount of possibilities.
Each technique is approached in the following way:
- First of all we give you a material list, with requirements per technique and any variations or simplifications
- Step-by-step work descriptions
- Photos and sometimes a video, to clarify the technique.
The above is the basis. Of course, we also give you ideas for each technique on how to apply it.
But we especially like to challenge you. That is why we have added ideas for the enthusiasts in-depth.
Deepening of knowledge
For those who want to go a step further, we give two extra options with each technique:
- Under the heading: Get Creative, we invite you to let your imagination go and to explore new paths with technology.
- Under the heading: Next Level, we add an assignment or pattern at the end of each technique, with which you can take the conscious technique to a higher level – this is for the real ‘die-hards’ among you-
We heard you
And yes, we heard you. You are eager for new knowledge and skills. Just now that you are obliged to be at home because of the measures regarding the outbreak of the corona virus. You think about the future, where you can make a difference in your field.
The course includes:
- all knowledge that is normally given during the one-day workshop making silk flowers (125 euros pp)
Plus as BONUS:
- extensive material list with addresses where you can buy these materials (online)
- a simple solution for those who cannot get their hands on ball irons now
- four other ways to make flowers with an application in couture with simple means
- extra ideas to creatively and playfully walk a new path that suits you
- extra challenge for those who want to realise big dreams
- unlimited access to the course material
- an opportunity to obtain a certificate
Don’t miss this and sign up now:
The program of workshops, master classes and training courses at the Dutch Couture Academy is aimed at (future) professionals in the fashion industry who are looking for an opportunity to specialise in couture techniques. Enthusiastic amateurs are also expressly welcome! In the courses, a balance is sought between technique and inspiration, between knowledge and skills and artistic expression. Discovering your own handwriting is seen as crucial in the distinctive craftsmanship of each student.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.