The world has changed and we are moving with it
The world has changed in the past year and a half, and quite a bit. Now at the end of the summer there was hope that the greatest impact of the corona virus would be over, but that does not seem to be the case, given the newly announced measures.
Do we let it get us down? Not at all! We take life as it comes and make the best of it together. Grateful for health and great relationships, and looking for opportunities to give life more color – also in corona time.
Introduction course Broderie d’Art different shape and name
The familiar name Broderie d’Art Introduction course (which took place both online and in the studio) has been given a new shape and name over the past year. And this transformation has also deepened and expanded the offer. In addition to the videos, patterns, texts, manuals and photos, manuals in PDF format have been added, guidance via a private Facebook group, more patterns and the possibility to obtain a certificate. A condition for the latter is the submission of the assignments and an assessment above a certain percentage via the website before the closing date of the course. And the new name is… tadaaa…
Roadmap to Successful Fashion Embroidery
In my opinion, this name describes it better: a complete online program that enables you to independently start and complete haute couture embroidery projects with a variety of materials and techniques. Every basic information from how to dress the frame to how to finish the embroidery and everything in between is discussed. Not only embroidery with needle and thread, but also various applications with the tambour or Lunéville needle are discussed. This fine mix of techniques and materials gives that so characteristic, rich embroidery with which the Parisian couture houses have acquired their fame.
The course can be followed entirely in Dutch or English. Only the Facebook group is shared, because there it is easy to translate each other’s comments if necessary.
What can you expect from this online course?
Over the past year, many of you have taken the plunge for the first time: taking an online course in a special craft. Exciting, because can you learn something like this via the screen? The experience tells us yes! Good thing, too. Because it can be wonderful to delve into a new technique in your own studio or workshop.
The following are part of the learning experience during Roadmap to Successful Fashion Embroidery:
- complete online course with all information about where to buy materials; videos, texts, patterns, manuals and PDFs
- how to dress the embroidery frame
- how to embroider different materials with needle and thread
- how to use the Lunéville or tambour needle
- working order tips
- 5 live Q&As
- day-to-day guidance from December 10-13 to help you start and complete the program (if those dates don’t suit you, you can take the course at your own pace until January 31, 2022)
- Join a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and share your progress
- everything you need to know to start embroidering haute couture from scratch
- after you have completed this program you will have all the information you need to start and complete a project yourself
- all assignments submitted before January 31, 2022 with a satisfactory result? Then you can receive a certificate!
I hope you get as excited about this as I do! I look forward to seeing you there. All information can be found via this link. You can register until Monday evening, November 29, 8PM CET (8PM).