The possibilities of the internet are growing! And so the possibilities to present the courses offered by the Dutch Couture Academy through new avenues.
A five-day short introduction course in silk ribbon embroidery via Instagram will start on 19 August. And you can participate. More information and registration via this link.
Silk Ribbon Bliss
How does it work, following a course on Instagram?
- Create an account on Instagram.
- Register for the course via this link
- You will receive an email before August 19th with information, via which private Instagram account you can see the course on Instagram
- Let us know by email what your Instagram account name is, so that we know who you are.
- On our special Instagram account, stories are posted every day for five days, with a clear explanation of the basic techniques and applications of silk ribbon embroidery.
- At the end of the day, these stories are posted in the highlights, and will be visible for another month, so that you can look back on them, even if you have missed a day.
- You can also order a package with materials for silk ribbon embroidery via this site (while supplies last).
- The course will be concluded with a live Q&A on Saturday 24 August, for which you can submit your questions!
The program of workshops, masterclasses and courses at the Dutch Couture Academy is aimed at (future) professionals in the fashion industry who are looking for an opportunity to specialise in couture techniques. Enthusiastic amateurs are also very welcome! The courses seek a balance between technology and inspiration, between knowledge and skills and artistic expression. Discovering one’s own handwriting is seen as crucial in the distinctive craftsmanship of each student.